Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Little Thing #5: Middle Initial


When I was a teen, I used to listen to a funny DJ on the radio. He liked to make fun of a person he called "Bozo T. Clown." So you didn't know that Bozo had a middle initial? According to this DJ, he does. The "T" stands for "The," as in Bozo THE Clown.

Well, in actuality, "Clown" is not Bozo's last name. Clown is a description of what Bozo is--a clown.

The same is true for Jesus. Christ is not his last name. It is a description of what Jesus is--the Christ, the Messiah.

In my mind, I often think of Jesus as "Jesus T. Christ." I want to remember that little middle initial. Because when I think of that initial, it reminds me that this is not just anyone, but Jesus THE Christ. I also like the little pause it makes between Jesus and Christ, so that I have to focus more of the Christ Character in his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment